2019 Honda Foreman 500 ES EPS
- Maximum efficiency: Powerful liquid-cooled 475 cc four-stroke engine is longitudinally mounted, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Compact engine: Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Reduced vibration: Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration.
- Easy start: Convenient electric starting, with an automatic internal-decompression system, gets you going quickly and easily.
- Fuel efficient: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for extended range.
- Excellent drivability: Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with low-rpm engagement for excellent drivability and towing capacity.
- Trail ready: 2WD/4WD system offers three drive modes: 2WD; 4WD with torque-sensing front differential; and 4WD with locked front differential to optimize traction. The system also features a Speed Override mode that can be engaged when the front differential is locked, which allows increased wheel speed under severe conditions, such as deep mud.
- Smooth shifting: Five-speed transmission with ultra-low first gear features Honda's exclusive Electric Shift Program (ESP) for easy shifts with the touch of handlebar-mounted buttons.
- Powerful output: Powerful AC generator has generous capacity with 481 watts of output.
- Strong and lightweight: Durable double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering is both rigid and lightweight for precise handling and a smoother ride.
- Great control: Front and rear suspension both offer 185 mm (7.3 in.) of travel for a plush and controlled ride. Adjustable spring preload on all shocks allows suspension to be tuned to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- Durable design: Enclosed-axle swingarm offers optimized stiffness for improved toughness and excellent handling performance.
- High quality: Sealed steering-knuckle bearings improve performance with durable, tear-resistant Plastic CV joint boots.
- Superb comfort: Rubber swingarm pivot bushings provide excellent low-speed ride comfort and increased durability.
- Optimal ground clearance: Generous ground clearance of 191 mm (7.5 in.) allows you to ride over rugged terrain with ease.
- Impressive power steering: Electric Power Steering (EPS) reduces steering effort for enhanced manoeuvrability and decreases kickback for improved all-around steering action.
- Stopping power: Rear drum brake is located inside the right rear wheel for improved durability and increased ground clearance. Dual front hydraulic disc brakes with large 190 mm rotors provide strong and consistent stopping power.
- Protective bodywork: Durable bodywork provides excellent mud and debris protection.
- Strong visibility: Twin-headlight system features 35-watt headlights with focused light distribution for improved visibility after dark. Top assist light operates independently of front headlights so it can be turned off while carrying a load on the front carrier.
- Easy maintenance: One-piece tank/side cover allows easy access for maintenance with no tools required. The fuel pump derived from Honda automobile technology is mounted in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and increased filter life.
- Intuitive display: Full-function instrumentation gives the dash a modern look while providing information at a glance. There's even a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it's time for service.
- Superior comfort: Seat padding is both thick and soft for excellent comfort.
- Added protection: Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard protects against damage from rocks, sticks and other obstacles.
- Versatile towing ability: Load capacity for front and rear carriers is 40 kg (88 lbs.) and 80 kg (176 lbs.) respectively. The heavy-duty trailer hitch has a 385 kg (848 lbs.) towing capacity.
- Multi-functional: A host of optional accessories allow you to tailor your TRX500 to your needs.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 475 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Five-speed with automatic clutch, selectable Electric Shift Program (ESP), reverse and ultra-low first gear
- Power Steering: Standard
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing/locking front differential
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 185 mm (7.3 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single adjustable hydraulic shock; 185 mm (7.3 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 25 x 8 - 12 Rear: 25 x 10 - 12
- Brakes: Front: dual 190 mm hydraulic discs Rear: 160 mm sealed mechanical drum
- Length: 2,103 mm (82.8 in.)
- Width: 1,205 mm (47.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 190 mm (7.5 in.)
- Seat Height: 869 mm (34.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,268 mm (49.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 294 kg (648 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 14.7 litres, including 4.9-litre reserve
- Colour: Red
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
Use of this product must comply with all rules and regulations applicable to the region in which the product is used. Please consult your local dealer for more information. Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 475 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Travel
- 185 mm (7.3 in.)
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks
- Front Brake Type
- Dual 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires
- 25 x 8 - 12
- Rear Travel
- 185 mm (7.3 in.)
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single adjustable hydraulic shock
- Rear Brake Type
- 160 mm sealed mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 25 x 10 - 12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 294 kg (648 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 14.7 L, including 4.9 L reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 190 mm (7.5 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 2,103 mm (82.8 in.) x 1,205 mm (47.4 in.) x 869 mm (34.2 in.)
- 1,268 mm (49.9 in.)
- Final Drive
- 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing/locking front differential
- Five-speed with automatic clutch, selectable Electric Shift Program (ESP), reverse and ultra-low first gear
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus