2018 Honda TRX680 Rincon AT IRS
TRX680 Rincon AT IRS
Engine & Drivetrain Features
- Improved efficiency: Powerful 675 cc four-stroke engine is mounted longitudinally in the frame, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to the front and rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency. Liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power output and long engine life. The camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder head, reducing engine height. Together with the semi-dry sump, engine height is further reduced for a low centre of gravity and excellent handling. Four-valve cylinder head with two short pushrods provides a broad powerband for optimum performance and engine efficiency. Dual-plug cylinder head uses two sparkplugs that fire together to help ensure clean, fast, thorough combustion. Remote-mounted fuel pump with internal fuel reservoir maintains consistent fuel-injection performance in rough and varying terrain.
- Reliable performance: PGM-FI electronic fuel-injection features a 40 mm throttle body, 12-hole two-pattern injector, and Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) for reliable cold-weather starting and consistent engine performance at high altitudes. Unique temperature indicator uses two sensors to monitor both oil and coolant temperatures. The stainless steel exhaust system provides superior corrosion resistance and minimizes noise levels. Plus, the muffler includes a spark arrester that is USDA Forest Service certified for use in regulated or sensitive environments.
- Optimum handling, excellent traction: Unique semi-dry-sump oiling system locates the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling. Torque-sensitive front differential provides superior traction compared to conventional limited-slip designs, and reduces torque steer substantially for less steering effort in 4WD mode
- Efficient Design, reduced vibration: Engine design produces low emissions and meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards. High-capacity coolant radiator is rated at 20.2 kW for efficient engine cooling in extreme operating conditions. Compact, flat-shaped radiator-fan motor is lightweight and contributes to optimum engine placement. Rubber-cushion engine mounting system and gear-driven counterbalance shaft reduce engine vibration.
- Smooth operation: Switchable 2WD/4WD is easily engaged with a simple thumb-switch on the right handlebar. An electromagnetic mechanical clutch unit (EMCU) located on the centre of the propeller shaft engages 4WD with a quiet two-way roller clutch. The system ensures smooth operation by employing a magnetic switching mechanism that engages when front and rear wheel speeds vary by less than 9.6 km/h.
- Lightweight performance: The rear driveshaft joins the rear final-drive gearcase at a 77-degree angle, eliminating the weight and complexity of an additional shaft and joints. The design also contributes to the Rincon's considerable 203 mm (8 in.) of rear-wheel travel.
- Automotive technology: The automotive-style Honda automatic transmission features a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an electronic control unit (ECU) to automatically select one of three forward gears and one reverse gear. The ECU monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector position, brake application and engine oil temperature.
- Electric Shift features engine braking: The Honda automatic transmission shifts electronically — eliminating unsightly and trouble-prone vacuum lines — and features engine braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs. Electric Shift Program (ESP) allows the rider to manually select gears by simply pressing either the arrow up or the arrow down push-buttons mounted on the left handlebar to upshift or downshift. A handlebar-mounted control switches the automatic transmission between ESP mode and automatic operation.
- Maintenance-free design: The transmission features a filtration system to protect against external contamination. The compact and maintenance-free design means there are no belts to wear out and replace. Using multi-filtered engine oil as hydraulic fluid, the design also simplifies maintenance and ensures an adequate oil supply in all operating conditions. Standard high-flow oil cooler assures optimal engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions. A closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine-oil contamination.
Chassis & Suspension Features
- Exceptional ground clearance: A rugged steel perimeter frame and four-wheel independent suspension provide an exceptional 232 mm (9.1 in.) of ground clearance.
- Reduced weight: A separate rear frame utilizes the final-drive gear case as a stressed member, reducing overall vehicle weight.
- Independent Front & Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 175 mm (6.9 in.) of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride. Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) helps ensure constant tire contact with the ground for superior traction while also providing an ultra-smooth ride. The Rincon's steering mechanism allows light steering effort and a tight turning radius of 3.3 metres (10.8 ft.).
- Strong and lightweight: Lightweight single-tube gas-charged rear shocks and an anti-sway bar provide plush, well-controlled damping throughout the Rincon's exceptional 203 mm (8 in.) of rear-wheel travel.
- Controlled braking: Dual front disc brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system that removes mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent build-up of debris between caliper and rim for consistent braking performance. Brake pads feature thick, long-wear material with improved mud durability, feel and control. Pads feature an internal scraper that gives an audible warning when pad life is low.
- Light and compact: The centrally located hydraulic disc brake and self-adjusting mechanical rear parking brake are mounted on the rear driveshaft, further reducing unsprung weight and contributing to the Rincon's considerable ground clearance.
- Performance wheels, smooth ride: Radial tires provide a smooth ride and exceptional handling. Tough, large-diameter 25 x 8 - 12 front tires and 25 x 10 - 12 rear tires provide added ground clearance. Attractive large-diameter 12-inch aluminum wheels further reduce unsprung weight and contribute to superb handling.
- Intuitive display: Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear selector position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes LED lights for Drive, Neutral, Reverse, temperature warning and FI warning indicator and a fuel gauge.
- Added features: Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls include a keyed ignition switch for added security and a parking brake. Convenient electric start plus a lightweight auxiliary recoil starter with an automatic internal decompression system ensure an easy start every time. A tough rubber cover protects the gear-shift button from dirt, water and mud.
- Waterproof accessory power: Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- All-day comfort: Thickly padded seat uses dual-density foam to provide excellent riding comfort and comfortable riding position.
- Great fuel range: Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 16.8-litre capacity, including 4.5-litre reserve.
- Additional storage: Side-opening compartment has 4 litres of storage capacity and can be opened when the rider is seated.
- Excellent warranty: 1 year, transferable limited warranty.
Engine & Drivetrain
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 675 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 102 mm x 82.6 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Fully automatic electronically controlled automotive-type three-speed with selectable Electric Shift (ESP) and reverse
- Power Steering: Not Available
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing front differential
Chassis & Suspension
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 175 mm (6.9 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 203 mm (8 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 25 x 8 - 12 Rear: 25 x 10 - 12
- Brakes: Front: dual 180 mm hydraulic discs Rear: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Length: 2,117 mm (83.3 in.)
- Width: 1,185 mm (46.7 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 232 mm (9.1 in.)
- Seat Height: 876 mm (34.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,284 mm (50.6 in.)
- Curb Weight: 298 kg (657 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 16.8 L, incl. 4.5-L reserve
- Colour: Black
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
NOTES:Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct – however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Longitudinally mounted single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 675 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 102 mm x 82.6 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks
- Front Travel
- 175 mm (6.9 in.)
- Front Brake Type
- Dual 180 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires
- 25 x 8 - 12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks
- Rear Travel
- 203 mm (8 in.)
- Rear Brake Type
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tires
- 25 x 10 - 12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 298 kg (657 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 16.8 L, incl. 4.5-L reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 232 mm (9.1 in.)
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 2,117 mm (83.3 in.) x 1,185 mm (46.7 in.) x 876 mm (34.5 in.)
- 1,284 mm (50.6 in.)
- Drive Train
- 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing front differential
- Fully automatic electronically controlled automotive-type three-speed with selectable Electric Shift (ESP) and reverse
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus